129. This product is guaranteed by Philips for a period of one year after the date of purchase against defects due to faulty workmanship or materials. The guarantee covers both parts and labor. Service under guarantee is only provided upon presentation of reasonable evidence (e.g. completed guarantee card or purchase receipts) that the date of the claim is within the guarantee period. The guarantee is not valid if the defect is due to accidental damage (including in transport), misuse or neglect and in case of alterations or repair carried out by unauthorized persons. The guarantee may not apply if the product requires modification or adaptation to enable it to operate in any country other than the country for which it was designed, manufactures, approved and/or authorized or if any damage result from these modifications. Service (during and after guarantee) is available in all countries where this product is officially distributed by Philips. In countries where Philips do not distribute the product, the local Philips Service organization will also provide service although there may be a delay if the appropriate spare parts and technical manuals are not readily available. These statements do not affect your statutory (法定的) rights as a consumer. In the event of difficulty please contact the Philips Information Center in any country (see encloses addresses). [共同5写]
(1) Service under guarantee is available when ________.
(A) the purchase date meets with the guarantee period
(B) a purchase receipt within the validity of the guarantee is presented
(C) the product is damaged
(D) repair needs to be carried out
(2) The guarantee is not provided if the defect is the result of ________.
(B) moditication for use in other countries
(C) unauthorized alterations
(D) all of the above
(3) What is necessary when one claims for the guarantee?
(A) The damaged part of the machine.
(B) The purchase receipt for the machine.
(C) The technical workbook for the right model.
(D) The official approval of the local Philips Information Center.
(4) As a rule, the guarantee service is ________.
(A) delayed for some time
(B) delayed for some time
(C) given to local consumers
(D) ignored in some countries
(5) What can be inferred from the passage?
(A) Philips Service has a very large network over the world.
(B) A Philips product call be used in all countries in the world.
(C) One will surely need the guarantee service after the purchase of a Philips product.
(D) There is some difficulty contacting the Philips Information Center.